Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why I blog...

Matt has started "Making Fun" of my blogging... he says it is all I do, which is so not true, but it got me thinking about the reasons I blog...
  • I love getting reacquainted with old friends and people I don't get to see often. Blogging lets me see your kids, and the great things that you are doing daily. I love all the silly stories and fun things that you are experiencing.
  • It gives me a free activity when all the "housework" is done, and the kids are busy playing.
  • I have used this as a family/personal history. After each blog post I print a hard copy and put it into a three ring binder. I know that blogs are archived, but at least this way I can say the words "I have a personal history for all to see".
  • Most of all I do it for me...

I have read many blog entries from friends and various people. Some feel like a brag session, but others are really inspiring. I hope my entries don't feel like I'm bragging... I am proud of my kids, but I would like the things on my blog to be uplifting. I'm dedicating this blog to the cheerful and uplifting moments in my life. Not only for you, but for me. I think the happier you think, the happier you truly are. So I blog to be Happy...

6 comments:

Jessie said...

I know that blogging make me happier. Sometimes I feel out of it here in Vegas without my family. So when I get down I kick Quincy off the computer and come and see what my family is doing. I am SO glad you blog.

Tell Matt to stop picking on you. He just needs a hobby that doesn't involve killing animals.

How is Hunter by the way?

Megan said...

me, too. its so nice to feel connected to people and share happy things. :-)

Tiffany said...

I agree- I love blogging! and I'm SO glad you have one!

Knudsen Crew said...

TJ always teases me too but I love to blog. I thought it would be too time consuming with work and everything else but it is quick and simple. Definitely a lot cuter and faster than writing in a journal.

mrs. farlanderz said...

yes, keep blogging - I love to peek in on your life!

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

Your blog is awesome. I'm afraid I'm probably one of those people who brag way too much on my blog -- it's obnoxious I know. But it's just so much fun, dang it!