Sunday, November 23, 2008

Movie thoughts...

So, I decided I need to read the book again... for me twilight is only fun through the written word. I sat through that 2+ hour movie wondering why I was so interested in the story in the first place. It really seemed to drag, and the more vocal the audience got, the more silly I felt for wanting to be there. I was really disappointed by the language... most of the appeal of the book is the innocent nature of the love story and I think it is a shame that Hollywood need to spice things up with a few "words". What were they thinking...
This was the first time I have gone anywhere by myself in a while, and it was strange the need I had to hold a hand, or search for a little person who wasn't by my side. It was a serious case of Mommy syndrome. Does this ever go away? I guess it means I love my kids.
Thanks Britt for the excuse to do something for myself. It really was much needed and so fun!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I am sorry to hear that you didn't like it much. I think I had really low expectations and ended up liking it a lot. I totally understand about not having kids with you. I drove to the store yesterday and kept looking back to see if Jensen was okay, but he was home with his daddy.

Got the package on Saturday. Thanks much!

Knudsen Crew said...

I really liked it! I think I had low expectations as well so I was pleasantly surprised. I did watch the movie trailer several times so I was used to what the characters looked like so maybe that is why I enjoyed it more. At least you got a few hours to yourself even if you didn't enjoy the show.

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

Can't wait to see it. I hope I'm not too disappointed. I'm glad you got to some "me" time. We should do a girls night out dinner or something. We can all sit around & talk!