Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Heat of the Pack...

Nothing has taken me back to the good old days like participating in the Fun Run with my son Hunter. It was a silly little 2 mile run, but boy it did wonders for me. We started in a huge pack...(all the kids in the school plus a few parents) and made our way through a course marked off by none other than coach Kelly... It was invigorating. I felt like sprinting the whole way, chasing down every little child in front of me. I held back and ran with Hunter which was almost as thrilling as being first to cross the finish line. I had forgotten how much apart of me running really is. I have given up serious running to spent more time with my family, and enjoying that extra, much needed sleep in the mornings. After this day I have decided to peruse my long time goal of running the St. George marathon. My plan is to train and participate in 2010. But for now I'm going to start slow and run for fun again. I've signed up to run in the Orem turkey trot on thanksgiving day and looking forward to the heat of the pack...

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Silly little 2 mile run . . . are you crazy! I would have been trampled by the five year olds. I'm so out of shape it isn't funny. Looks like you had a great time. What we do for our children. I look forward to cheering you on in 2010! From the sidelines of course.

Tiffany said...

I love that Hunter was wearing his cowboy hat while running- that's so awesome!
I will also come to St. George and cheer you on--from the sidelines!

mrs. farlanderz said...

I miss running with you - when I am down in Utah this summer we should plan on running a little race together!

Knudsen Crew said...

I agree with Jessie... A two mile run isn't just a silly little run. It would kill me! That is great you are going to run in the St. George Marathon. Good luck with your training!

Brittanie said...

Whoa...you go girl!!
I will drive behind you with water and a spray bottle. (lol jk)

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

I still need to email you the pictures I took of you and Hunter at the fun run, but the email address didn't work. Can you give it to me again, please?? The pics of you guys are very cute. Good luck on your training for the marathon -- I'm almost, almost inspired to run it with you -- my brain says yes but my body says heck no!!!

robertsfamily2002 said...

I am doing a triatholon in June down in St. George. You should do it too! It's not as long as a marathon, the run is only like a
5k I think. It's usually in the middle of June. It's really fun!