Sunday, November 2, 2008

A week of Halloween fun...



Monday night for our family night activity we went to the Vinyard Greenhouse "Pumpkin Land". It was really fun to be there with just our little family. We usually do activities like this during the day and Matt usually doesn't go with us so it was extra fun to have Matt there too. Grant was really excited to know that the farmer who grows all the pumpkins is named Farmer Grant. We had to take his photo by the Farmer Grant sign. The boys were really excited about picking a pumpkin to take home. We were going to save them to carve another day, but they just couldn't wait. We didn't finish until almost 10:00 that night, but it was worth it to have that time as a family.


Tuesday night we got out the pony and let the boys ride around in the field. We needed to get old Chief ready for the family party so we let the boys work him into shape. Both Hunter and Grant are regular old cowboys. Hunter really lets Chief know who's boss. I was a proud momma watching my boys handle a horse without any help or fear. (The horse is only three feet tall...) It was still super cute!





Wednesday was our crafting day... We made trick-or-treat bags. The boys glued paper onto bags and then decorated them with stickers and their names. Then we frosted sugar cookies. The boys really liked the mommy cookies the best. Then the boys made this spooky pirate ship. This was Hunters favorite thing because he was going to be a pirate for Halloween, He wanted to take the ship to school with him so everyone could see his it. It's fun for me to have kids who like to create...

Thursday I got to go to Grant's school and watch their little costume parade. Evey one love his costume. He really got the most compliments from all the teachers and even the kids. Grant felt a little uncomfortable with everyone watching him, but I think he had a good time. At recess the teachers said he wanted to take off his costume because he was too sweaty. What a funny kid.

Friday was the big day, and boy was it a big day. In the morning Grant, James and I went to the neighbors house for a little Halloween party. The kids played games and ate cookies. It was so cute. Then we had square pumpkins for lunch.
While James and Grant had a little rest, I went to Hunter's school to do the room mom thing.
This is Brittanie and I as real room mom's. I never thought we would see the day when the two of us would be crafting, playing games and telling stories with our first grader's class. It was a fun/scary moment for me. We are getting so OLD!

After the party we went to the down town trick-or-treating. It was fun for the kids to do a little trick-or-treating in a safe way. Way to go Provo City... The best part was finding this little guy dressed in a sully costume. Both Grant and I were so excited to see this kid. I took this picture, and I think his mom must of thought I was crazy. I had been wishing we would have bought the sully costume years ago when it was in the store, so it really made my day to see one...

It was a crazy busy, super fun, Halloween Week. We are all sugar/costume/partyed out!
I can't wait until next year!














7 comments:

Maria said...

What a fun and busy week! It is so fun to see what you are up to, it seems like you are always doing something fun with your boys. You are a great mom!

Megan said...

Melissa, I love your blog. Your kids are so adorable. I cannot believe that you and Brittanie have first graders. How fun that you get to be room mothers together!

mrs. farlanderz said...

too cute - I love the boys costumes!

Knudsen Crew said...

What a fun week! Your boys are so cute. You are the best mom. They will always remember all the fun things you do with them to make holidays special.

Brittanie said...

AWESOME WEEK!!
I loved seeing all those pictures.
Even that silly one of me. You are so photogenic though! =)

Jessie said...

Looks like you had a busy week! Not sure how you get it all done with three kids. One day you will have to let me in on your secret. Grant cracks me up in that Mike costume! Glad you had a great week.

Tiffany said...

What a cute post Melissa! Your kids looked adorable in their costumes- I really liked that last pic with all of your boy and you!