Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Making our Christmas Merry and Bright

Yes, seeing is believing... This is Matt dressed as Santa Clause, on his way to a family party to be the Santa Clause. A family friend asked Matt if he would do it and to my astonishment he said yes. If you don't know Matt very well this wouldn't be much of a surprise, but we are taking about a man who wouldn't go to the ward party because you "could" wear your pajamas. He never gets into anything silly or pretend, and he really gets "Grinchie" when this time of year rolls around. I was really worried about how this whole thing was going to go. I even made Matt pratice his Ho, Ho, Ho's around the house. But with this experience I discovered something wonderful. There really is magic in Santa Clause. Once Matt put on that suit he became a different person, a happy jolly person. He jingled the bells and raced out the door. When he came home that night he was dripping sweat and beaming from ear to ear. In eight years of marriage I haven't seen Matt this excited and happy. He said it made him feel like a rock star! The little kids just can't wait for their turn to sit on your knee, just to hear what you have to say to them. Matt said it was a rush. Well, it has done wonders for our Christmas holiday. There is a happiness in our home now that we were lacking. I hope it becomes a new tradition. I love you Santa!


The boys were a little confused when they saw Matt go into the bedroom, and Santa come out. They really thought it was Santa until he started talking, and Grant said, Hey thats my dad... We told them that Santa can't be at everywhere all the time, so he has special helpers who dress in his suit and go to family parties for him. "isn't it cool that Dad gets to be Santa special helper." James isn't in the picture because he is screaming in the background. He didn't want anything to do with Santa, even Dad Santa...
I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause...

5 comments:

Knudsen Crew said...

What a fun memory for your family... Matt made a great Santa! Ally was scared of her "Uncle Matt Santa" when he came to our house too. Something about that red suit?! Thanks for sharing your cute pictures!
P.S. I especially like the one where mommy is kissing Santa Claus!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Way to go Matt.

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

I loved this post, Melissa!! You should have had Matt be the Santa at the ward party. The Santa we had wasn't very lively or jolly. Then Matt wouldn't have been worried about being seen in pajamas!!

Jessie said...

I can just see Matt walking around the house practing his Ho Ho Ho's. That is awesomme that he did it and did it happily. Wish I could of been there to give him a hard time though.

Love the Star Wars t-shirts!

Maria said...

I am sure Matt was a great Santa. Sometimes I need a little fun to get me in the Christmas Spirit too.