Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas angels...

Ti's the season for Family, lights, Music, Service and Santa Clause!?!
Matt and I decided it was time for that reminder of what Christmas is really all about. We taught the boys about the Birth of our Savior and what a special gift that was from our Heavenly Father. We reminded them how blessed they are and that there are children all over the world who wont be getting anything for Christmas. Then we challenged the boys a little... We asked them to give up one of the presents that they would be getting this year and give it to someone who is in need. With a poor choice of words we asked them if that is something they would like to do this year.... Hunter with his sweet honesty said "not really, but I will..." It brought tears to my eyes knowing that it was a sacrifice for him, but at age 7, he was willing to make it for someone else. We took the boys to the angel tree at the mall and choose a little boy about their age. The boy asked for a pair of pants, a jacket, a scooter and a basketball. Grant was on top of the list and made sure we had everything he asked for. What a special night for our family. Shopping at the mall with three little boys is always and adventure for sure, but knowing what we were doing brought an amazing feeling and spirit to our Christmas season.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

What a great family tradtion. He will always remember it too. I love how honest children are. Love the family picture by the way.

Knudsen Crew said...

That is an awesome tradition you are starting and one your boys will always remember. Kids are just so honest, I love it! What a good way to start the holiday season...

Tiffany said...

Oh- that is really sweet. You're a good mom.
and I forgot to say in my last comment that I really like your new family photo!

Brock and Arrienne said...

Your family picture is so cute. Your kids are growing so fast. That is such a cute story about Hunter. That is a great way to teach your children!

Amy said...

what a sweet answer. i can just picture him saying that, too! I love how honest children are, and yet so willing to do what they know is right. what a great lesson you are teaching them! way to go, Mom!

Anonymous said...

You guys are great parents! I love the idea of giving to other children.
If you are a silly little monkey with computers I don't know where that puts me. :) Your blog looks great. I love your new family picture.