Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My October Funk...

Well I survived Hunting season this year and let me tell you it was the worst one yet.
All the boys were gone hunting, the Knudsen girls were at Disneyland, and I was left home with no money and no one to play with. What a bummer. I was surprised at how down I really got. I was so down that I didn't even join my family at the cabin for a weekend get away, instead I stayed home so I would have one more reason to feel sorry for myself...
Boy, Satin was working on me big time.
Thankfully I was still in tune enough to hear the words "Count Your Many Blessings" over and over in my head, so that it what I did. I made a list of all the many blessings in my life...
* I have three beautiful and healthy little boys who love me as their mother.
* I have a husband who is healthy and able to do everything in life that he desires, including loving me ...
* I live in a beautiful home that my husband built for our family to enjoy.
* Even in this shaky economy our family owned construction business is doing well and making money which is a major blessing for us.
* I live close to all of my extended family and my husbands extended family, and get to enjoy them everyday.
* I get to work with the young women in my ward. They bring me a lot of joy.
* I have a healthy body which allows me to work hard, play hard and enjoy life.
I could go on and on and on because I am truly blessed. I kind of thought this was a little bit silly in the beginning, but It really did shake me out of my October funk. I realized that all the silly fluff of the world really doesn't make you happy. It's being grateful for what you have, and enjoying your family. Gratitude is the greatest attitude.


3 comments:

Spence and Car said...

melissa i found you on the phs website and i have so say i'm so glad, you seem really really happy and that is great! sometimes being happy is the hardest thing in life. also youre boys are really handsome too.

Brittanie said...

So sad...I didn't know it was that bad. Dang it you should have called me and I would have cheered you up by dressing up and singing Dancing Queen to you. =)

Tiffany said...

I loved your gratitude list- what a great idea when you get in a "funk!" I'm glad hunting season is over and you're no longer a hunting widow!