Thursday, August 6, 2009

Treadmill Attack...

Sunday afternoon Hunter was attacked by the Treadmill at my mom's house.
He and Grant were curious as always and wanted to see how the treadmill worked. They got the tread going way too fast and Hunter fell and got stuck between the tread moving and the wall. The tread burned these sores on his side. The sore on the top is a 2nd degree burn and the bottom sore is a 3rd degree burn. We ended up in the ER Sunday night receiving treatment for these sores. They had never seen an abrasive burn quite that severe. We were told to keep it clean and wrapped for the next 2 maybe 3 months. What a bummer right before school starts. But, our bodies are amazing. Hunter will have a big scar, but It will heal and that is a blessing.

6 comments:

Carrilyne said...

After Zoe's concusion, Hunter's burn and Indy getting 12 stitches today... Am wondering who will be next!!
Those burns looks so painful!! Poor guy!

Knudsen Crew said...

Poor guy! The burns look so painful... I am glad he is holding up ok. I hope Hunter has a speedy recovery!

Jessie said...

Oh Hunter! That looks bad. I am so sorry! Hope it heals quickly. Boys so curious.

Anonymous said...

Oouch!! No more accidents in Provo please - that makes me feel bad. Get feeling better Hunter!! I'm glad you are safe.

Brittanie said...

How Sad!! How is he doing now a week later? Those look like they hurt bad! I had a burn just like it on my arm and I cried my eyes out.

Maria said...

Ouch! I hope he heals quickly!