Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sweet Dreams...

I'm hoping Baby Ella will have many sweet dreams in this...
Matt helped me put up the crib Monday night so I could finish making the bedding.
My Grandpa Phillips made this crib for me when Hunter was born. I showed him a picture of the crib I wanted in the Pottery Barn catalog and he recreated it beautifully. It brought a few tears when I saw it again thinking of my sweet Grandpa, how talented he was and how much he loved the little babies. How I miss him. I'm looking forward to seeing my baby sleeping sweetly in this crib.

6 comments:

Layton Clan said...

That is a beautiful crib, and beautiful bedding. You and I have SO much the same taste. Marin's colors are also red, and paisley. I love it.

How are you feeling?

Jen

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on the bedding. I love them!! If I ever have a girl I'll have to contact you for some help. :) I also love that your Grandpa made that crib. It looks great - he was talented, I bet that crib took many hours to make. Take care of yourself!!
I can't wait to see the new baby (via pictures.)

Brittanie said...

Sooooo adorable ~ You did a great job!

Tiffany said...

Cute cute cute Mel!! You did a great job! (I want to come see it--maybe next week!?)

Jessie said...

Wow you did it again! I love the bedding! What a sweet memory of your grandpa everytime you see the crib!

Knudsen Crew said...

I love the crib and the bedding you made! You are so talented! (You also have way cute taste in fabric!)