Thursday, January 29, 2009

Super Hero Faith...

Hunter is a Super Hero in my eyes. From the moment he was born, 1 month early with undeveloped lungs, struggling to breath, he has shown me the power in Faith. Last night we saw again his super Faith powers in action. We have had a bad case of the flu at our house, spreading from one member of the family to the next. It started with Grant, who still is struggling to eat normally. I got it next and felt like I was dieing. I still have a lingering head ache. Last night it was Hunter who was under the weather at 11:00pm. I got up and changed his sheets and got him in the bath tub. He was squirming around with a belly ache, and then in a sweet voice said " Heavenly Father will help me." It truly brought tears to my eyes. The faith of a seven year old. We said a little prayer and he fell right to sleep. This morning he woke up cheerful and ready for school. He ate three pieces of toast and went out the door. He really has shown me that all you need is Super Hero Faith.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

What a special moment. That has to make you feel so happy as a mother to know that he has such great faith. Glad he is feeling better and hope the rest of you shake it soon. Totally understand about the dying part. The flu is the worst!

Tiffany said...

That's a reflection of a good mother :) Hope you all get over it soon- it's no fun being sick. Call if you want to chat!

Knudsen Crew said...

Hunter is such a sweet boy! We hope your family gets feeling better soon!