Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Eye Patch...

Today was one of those day when I am so thankful that I'm the oldest in my family and remember the struggles my Mom and Dad had with the other kids... This is Grant after his eye doctor appointment yesterday where we were told that he needs to wear an eye patch on his left eye for 4-5 hours a day to help strengthen his right eye. Normally a thing like this would shake me, but I remember my Mom working with my brother Jordan, trying to get him to wear an eye patch, at this very age. She tried all kinds of fun tricks, stickers, treats, prizes. This pirate patch is the trick we are trying right now and for today it is working. We will see how long Grant can stand being "Captain Grant" .

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Way to make it fun for him. Captain Grant is so cute even with a patch on his eye.

Brittanie said...

You are good Mom to make it fun.
Isn't it funny how we appreciate and understand all our mom's went through when we were little. =)

Tiffany said...

That's a cute pic of Grant. Good luck in the days to come!

Knudsen Crew said...

Captain Grant is sure a sweet little boy! We hope the all goes well with the patch and he is able to wear it enough to strengthen his eye. Good luck!

mrs. farlanderz said...

Meliss I think you should write a book - at least for me! We are coming to Utah for a visit Feb 21st - March 10th and I would love love love to see you!! will you be around?