Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Week long Celebration...


Our Week long celebration started Saturday morning with the big 4th of July Parade.


Our friends the Lunts were kind enough to let us in on their good parade spot that they camped over night to save. Thanks you guys it was lots of fun.


We had a BBQ at aunt Jodys house and then watched the stadium fire works on the Provo High Football Field.

Even though it was late, I promised Hunter we could do sparklers. Grant didn't make it for our own fire works show, but Hunter and James were thrilled. It was a successful 4th of July.
Sunday evening we drove to my parents cabin in Manti to spend a few days with my family.


The highlight of the trip for the boys was the endless swimming in the lake with their Dad.

Hunter thought he was a trickster doing back flips off the water tramp and having my brothers through him in the water.
Other than swimming we just played Games and hung out together. We discovered Grant is a Memory Wiz kid. My mom got the biggest kick out of watching him get match after match.

We got home from the cabin just in time to do laundry and pack the trailer for our Fish Lake trip.
We look forward to our fish lake trip every year.


The boys were excited to paint t-shirts with their cousins. Hunter was extra careful creating his pirate master piece.
We were excited to see our cousin Jensen. James and Ally can't wait until he can run around with them.
This year we rented a boat and did a little fishing with the kids. James thought he was hot stuff driving the boat.
The kids were a little bummed about not catching anything, but they had a lot of fun trying.
Grant and Grandpa Ivie have a really cute relationship. Grant is always sitting by him and they make each other laugh. I thought this picture was sweet.
Our family at Fish Lake 2009.

7 comments:

Brock and Arrienne said...

Looks like your having a great summer! That is the sweetest picture of Grant and Grandpa. What a fun trip!

Jessie said...

You have some really good pics! I agree with Arrienne about Grandpa and Grant. I also love the one with James and Ally wanting to play with Jensen. I can't wait till he is playing with them too. Maybe Piss Pot Pete won't show up next time!

Knudsen Crew said...

Wow, you have been going like crazy! Fish Lake was a lot of fun! Thanks for the cute pictures of James & Ally.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun and busy week! I love fish lake - I think that area is sooo pretty. Your family picture there looks great and the picture of Grant with his grandpa is a keeper.

mrs. farlanderz said...

how fun! I love this time of year in Provo - 4th of July is the best there =

Tiffany said...

I love that family pic- you guys look so cute and it will be so fun to see your new little girl in a family pic soon!! I'm glad you had fun on all your trips but I'm glad you're back!! :)

Brittanie said...

What an awesome trip!
I am glad you guys came to the parade. I am thinking we should make it a tradition...I like going with friends instead of family. ;) haha