Wednesday, April 29, 2009

You should be Proud to be Greek...

I love the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." because it reminds me so much of my own big fat Greek family. Just like the movie, we are big and loud and in each other's lives and business...
My Grandpa Phillips has been fighting cancer for the past 8 years and has taken a turn for the worst. I felt extremely proud to be Greek when I got the the hospital yesterday and saw my Grandma surrounded by her three Greek sisters who heard of the news and rushed to be with her. These ladies aren't young and healthy themselves, in fact one sister suffered a stroke only two weeks ago. The best part about being Greek, is the love and support from family. "No matter where I go or what I do, they will always be there"...

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm sorry about your Grandpa Melis- I know all too well how that is. Let me know if you need anything!
and WAY way way cute shoes- you did a great job!

Layton Clan said...

Grandpa Phillips - no, I am so sorry... My papa (mom's dad) just took a turn for the worse with his Alhziemers. It's so hard to see them get older.

I will keep your big greek family in my prayers - I love that movie too... hey I will be in Provo/Salt Lake the end of June beginning of July - do you want to get together?!?!?!? Let me know - Love you,

Jen

Layton Clan said...

P.S. You could always spray some windex on him - I hear it cures all ill's!!! : )

Maria said...

I am sorry to hear about you Grandpa. I wish him the best. Families are great, especially when you are there for each other, greek or not. :)

Knudsen Crew said...

How is Grandpa Phillips doing? Any better? Let me know if there is anything we can do for you...