Monday, March 16, 2009

An unexpected addition...

What would you bring for a house warming gift? Flowers, a decoration, some goodies...
Some of Matt's friends thought it would be a good idea to bring a puppy over as a house warming gift. They did it to tease Matt and I, but the boys were just so over joyed that we couldn't say no... So we now have a little Beagle puppy yelping in our garage. It yelps so much that it has lost it's voice, and now just squeaks. Hunter couldn't be happier with life. He gets up early in the morning and feeds the dog, and then runs right home from school to play with her. I hope the excitement lasts... We took the boys to the temple open house on Wednesday and Hunter wanted to take the dog with us. He said Heavenly Father loves animals too... I hope I survive this new addition.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryant has been asking for a dog. We are still a little nervous about the money, work, and me keeping my furninture nice (since we don't have a fence and it would probably have to be a little bit of a house dog). Enjoy it! :) I hope the boys stay excited and help you guys take care of her.

Brittanie said...

What very nice parents you are! ;)
How fun for the boys..Hunter's such a nice kid that he probably really will always take of her. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I'll bet the kids are ecstatic with the new puppy! My kids would love a little dog. Good luck!

Jessie said...

What a perfect house warming gift! Who gave it to you guys? Hunt looks really happy. I bet they just love 'em.

Knudsen Crew said...

You know you love it!? It is a pretty cute dog...

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

Well, your little boys are definitely lucky -- but you, Mom, probably not!!! Just kidding. Casey is dying to have a dog but we're mean and keep saying no. I just don't know about one more thing to clean up after! I'll send Casey over to pet it!

Layton Clan said...

I would have KINDLY declined... I told Emery that a dog is literally another kid - I don't need that right now, especially expecting another one!! YOU'RE AMAZING!!!

Love you,

Jen