Thursday, June 4, 2009

Something to Treasure...

This is baby Ella's blessing dress.

There is a little story behind this dress. When my sister Brooke was born, my grandma Haymond made her a beautiful blessing dress that was extra long with pretty pleats in the skirt and the top was done with a pretty smocking pattern. This dress made a real impression on me even at the age of 8. I've always wanted grandma to make one for my daughter, and I finally got my wish. Grandma and I went just this Monday to pick out the fabric and tonight she showed me the finished dress. She is amazing and the dress is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It is everything I've dreamed of and more. The picture's just don't do it justice. I just can't wait to try it on my sweet little Ella.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh Ella will be so pretty in it! I'm glad you are getting your wish!

mrs. farlanderz said...

I didn't know you already had a name! I love Ella that is perfect! have I mentioned I need you to teach me how to do those perfect little shoes you make - do you follow a pattern?

Knudsen Crew said...

It is beautiful! What a sweet grandma you have...

Janette said...

so that's where you get your sewing talent from???? Glad I could be the beneficiary of it this week--thanks Miss!!! oh, and I love the dress!!!!

Brittanie said...

That is gorgeous! What a neat treasure that will be for her.

Anonymous said...

Melissa I love that dress!! My Mom also made long dresses and I loved them. How fun that your grandma made that!! I bet it will be cherished for years to come. By the way - I also like the name Ella.

Layton Clan said...

BEAUTIFUL DRESS!!!

We would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you while we are in Utah. We are going to be in Provo the 4th through the 8th. Emery's little brother goes into the MTC on the 8th, and Em, Alex (em's son) and my brother sterling and a friend are going to be going to the Stadium of fire on the 4th, and then we really don't have anything else planned! My e-mail is emandjen@gmail.com - send me and e-mail and we'll chat!

Love you girl! WE'LL BE HAVING GIRLS SO CLOSE! I am so excited!

Jen